Sunday, January 3, 2010

Today

Today I organized the kitchen. I have a little cabinet just for my cake mixes, frostings, and sprinkles. It is so cute!

GH has been trying to count. He's really good at 1,2,3, and 8,9,10 because you can actually make those out. But, those in between numbers are tricky:) He also thinks he knows his letters. He's always pointing them out and saying a letter name. But, he isn't saying the right letter. I just politely correct him. He said "mama" today which is a big deal because he never says my name. He says "hi dad", "want dad" etc....it's so unfair:(

I wanted to take GH and put him down for his nap. Rooster told me "No, Henry will not take a nap." I said "Why?" "I need him to play with, he does not take a nap mommy, he doesn't want to take a nap" I told her "Ruzenka, he is my baby and I decide when he takes a nap" Rooster told me "No mommy he is my baby" Later when I told Captain Awesome this story she said to him "Daddy make mommy take turns. I'm the mommy".


Our home altar has a lot of stuff on it because it's almost Epiphany. The children love all the things we have for the Three Kings day. But, it has meant that I have left several things sitting on the altar. These things have been proven too tempting for Big Dog. He loves to look at everything....and touch everything:) As you may have already guessed, Big Dog conducted another rescue mission. He pulled Jesus off the cross once again. I guess while the rest of us think to ourselves, "It's so sad that Jesus is on the cross" Big Dog is thinking "This is messed up. He's been up there too long. I've got to make this right". I also think he has taken the scripture "...deny oneself and take up your cross daily and follow me" too much to heart because he is carrying that crucifix everywhere.

2 comments:

  1. I think that is so cute that he keeps on taking Jesus off the cross!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as I dont run out of hot glue it will be ok:)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. So leave me a comment:)