Friday, March 26, 2010

Big Bertha is not a hybrid

Earlier this week we went mini-van shopping. Vehicles are expensive! But, luckily I don't have sophisticated tastes. Out of all the vehicles we saw I like this one the best. If we could get something like this that was mechanically sound I would buy it:)

Captain Awesome isn't completely sold on a full size van even though he agrees that the extra space would be awesome for trips etc. He says that one of my best traits is that I'm not vain. And that I would have no problem driving something that is ugly if it serves our needs. I'm not sure this fine "velvet" interior is ugly....
Curtains, a dust buster and fire extinguisher......this is one sweet ride. I don't have anyone to impress. Sure my hippie friends are gonna say that I should fork out the $35,000 for a little hybrid,. But, let's get real. Everyone knows I'm far to cheap to do something like that. Plus hybrids don't have this classy interior....or Cb's



Captain Awesome says that he is more vain than I am. And that he would be keeping our 4 wheel drive Explorer. Which I totally understand since we just had a horrible winter. We probably need that automobile.


If I do get one of these full size vans. I'm going to go make some bumper stickers on cafe press. Something like "I love my gas guzzler" or "I don't brake for baby seals"...you know, something really classy:)






2 comments:

  1. I got a laugh out of the I Love my gas guzzler bumber sticker you will make if you get a full size van, you see, I have a 1993 Chevy gladiator full size van. I love the ugly thing! It has a cushy leather interior, tv headphone hook ups, the vacuum, etc, but alas no CB radio in ours. It really doesn't get too bad of gas mileage on the highway, around 14mpg. The best thing is the kids can't touch each other because the seats are so far apart. The bad news is you can't reach them either. good luck on your future van purchase if your hubby lets you go that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. I hope we can buy something that will work for us. 14mpg isnt bad. Our explorer gets about 17. This was a popular post on Facebook:D Im glad people have enjoyed it so much:)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. So leave me a comment:)