Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Save are teachers

Yes, you read that correctly. I was watching the news this morning. That's when I saw a student protester with a sign that read, "Save are teachers". I've had a few run-ins with the grammar police myself. The officers name is Shelia. She is my sister-in-law and she also happens to be a teacher.

When I read that sign my first thought was, these children didn't proof read their signs. Secondly I wondered if they had read the signs and didn't realize the mistake. Then I thought, dear God, don't let their education suffer anymore than it already has. And the last idea that flashed through my head was WWSD? (What would Shelia do?)

I'll tell you what my sister-in-law would do if she saw a sign like that at a protest at her school. She would go to her desk and grab a permanent marker. Then she would march out to the child, grab their sign, and make the necessary correction right there.

Hopefully, that child has a teacher like Shelia:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. So leave me a comment:)