Monday, March 1, 2010

Stations of the Cross "Stained Glass" Window..okay it's really just a tissue paper window;)

I got a large frame from a local thrift store for $1.50. I pulled out the original print that was inside it. I washed both sides of the glass with some Windex because it was filthy.

Next, Big Dog and I framed out the window with strips of purple tissue paper. This was done to hide the metal pieces that push the glass against the frame. Big Dog applied watered down Elmers glue to keep the tissue paper in place. The paper tore easily so we had to do some patch up work.
Earlier the boys had colored The Stations of the Cross. I found them at the blog Catholic Icing. For some reason my new computer doesn't cut and paste anything, including links. But, the button for Catholic Icing is at the side of my blog as well as in my list of favorite blogs.
Next we put glue on the fronts of the pictures and place them on the frame. In hindsight I wish I wouldn't have placed them so evenly. They probably would have looked better.
The picture in the middle is one depicting the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Then we used cut up pieces of tissue paper brushed with watered down glue to fill in the rest of the frame.

My camera isn't very good. So this picture doesn't give it justice. It really does look quite beautiful.


My other project today was using another cast off from my mother-in-law. When we were down at her place this weekend she told me to look through a box she was sending to the thrift store. I found this and knew instantly what I was going to do with it.
I tore off the "Country Kitchen" I never liked that restaurant anyway;) And replaced it with a Mass card with a picture depicting Mary. I used some hot glue to stick it in place. This took less than 5 minutes and I was pleased with how it turned out. It's a pretty way to store our rosaries:)


5 comments:

  1. Awesome projects! The station window is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ladies:D I was so happy with how they turned out that I really wanted to share it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I have a random larger picture frame I was going to donate, but I think we will be doing this. Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly awesome ideas - you have got me out of some sticky situations when a last minute call to cover a Sunday liturgy lessons filters through an hour or two before mass!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. So leave me a comment:)