Friday, April 30, 2010

Conversations with a Rooster

Some people would say it's Karma. But, I think God is just getting a good laugh at my expense.

I was such a little hippie when I was a kid. I recycled, worried about the aerosol hairspray the other girls were using after gym class in junior high, and my vegetarianism in high school and college were a little over the top. Now God is getting a good laugh at me while I roll my eyes at my five year old daughter. She thinks we need to start composting. And the other day I found her digging in the garbage. I asked her what she was doing. She looked at me grabbed some stuff out of the trash and said. "Mommy, this isn't trash. It goes in the recycling" I was thinking, "Ok hot shot! Captain Planet would be so proud of you."



The other day she pulled the globe off the shelf. She pointed at it saying. "We live here mommy." I said "Yes, we do" Then she said "I want to go there" Where is there? Columbia. The child wants to go to Columbia. It doesn't seem like a good vacation destination to me.


1 comment:

I would love to hear from you. So leave me a comment:)