Saturday, April 3, 2010

Tot School and lots of rambling

We have been busy with trips to grandmas house. So we haven't done a lot of Tot School. I'm just not organized enough to get it done. But, here are a few of the things we worked on this week.


I thought it would be cool to have a jelly bean run for GH. We put jelly beans in this pan and GH was suppose to use the spatula to push them around in the circle. GH found that it was easier to do this with his fingers:)


I had wanted to buy one of these Aqua Doodles but was far to cheap to fork out $20 for one. But, I was willing to pay 75 cents when I found it at a thrift store. (My sister in law found me a cute thrift store to shop in while my mother in law is in physical therapy. It's really small but does have some cute stuff.) Big Dog liked using the Aqua Doodle to practice making shapes and numbers.
This is the Easter sensory box I made for the kids.

We continue to learn about our turtle. I'm hoping our turtle is 30 years old already. Apparently, these turtles can live up to 50 years. When I read the initial info it said they have a life expectancy of 15-20 years. Which I thought was a bit long but I figured, how long could a pet from Petco live? By the time I heard the 50 year possibility it was too late. The aquarium, lights etc had already been bought and the kids were super excited. When we picked up the turtle GH was excited and I told him "You are taking that turtle to college with you":D Anyway, this is the perfect pet for Big Dog. He calls Sheldon "My shell". Captain Awesome, the boys and I love to just sit and watch him. The kids love feeding him but we went overboard yesterday and ended up having to clean the aquarium and filter. Rooster is already petitioning for another pet. I should have known one pet wouldn't be enough for her. Before we left Petco she tried to convince me to get two pets. She wanted a parakeet. I don't like birds. So I don't think that's gonna happen;)


The kids have spent most of their time outdoors. So I'm trying to give them learning activities to do outdoors. One day we collected sticks that we thought looked like letters. Rooster insisted on taking the letters into the playhouse to make letter soup. We had a giant capital L that about poked her eye out. That's when she decided she needed a lower case l.



We sorted jelly beans by color. Rooster still loves to use the tongs so we let her do this activity too. It's good for her hand strength too:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. So leave me a comment:)