Friday, April 9, 2010

Tot School -- Letter of the Week is I

Princess J came over today and enjoyed some activities with us. There's a video at the bottom of this post with her as well as these first few pictures. The kids enjoyed playing with stickers.


Princess J did play with these blocks. But, I liked this picture of her being silly. So I posted it instead:)
We worked on matching number values. Well...I guess it was more like me explaining it.

They really liked playing with the nesting blocks.

We traced the numbers on the number puzzle. Then counted the items under each number. GH always gets impatient towards 6 or 7.
They enjoyed the activities at the table. GH was excited to get to play with the thread spools since he hasn't played with them in a while.
Here is some other stuff we did earlier this week.

We picked up a bunch of old board games at the thrift stores half price sale. I bought most of the games for pieces (tiles with letters and numbers) Those pieces are so helpful when doing activities with the kids.

We used a few pairs of cards from the Memory game. We cheated a bit. But, I think he enjoyed it.

We made igloos with square pieces of paper.

GH and I wrote his name on the Aqua doodle.


GH still struggles with some of the cylinder puzzles.


Big Dog hates stringing beads. He only does it because I make him:D Haha.
GH does really well with his shape sorter. He still struggles with some of the uncommon shapes.

Grandma and Grandpa got GH this shape sorter. It has non-standard shapes which has proved to be more difficult than GH expected.

GH can sing the entire alphabet song. He's so cute and so proud of himself. I'm pretty proud of him too. He has been connecting lots more words. Like "Good-night daddy" and "I want to play".

I'm still hoping to get some I activities done tomorrow. If I get some done I will post them.
Here is a video I like. GH decides to just take the lid off the shape sorter and throw the shapes in that way. I guess Cousin Charlie use to do the same thing when he was a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. So leave me a comment:)