Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Conversations with a Rooster

The other day I asked Rooster who her best friend was. I completely expected her to say a name of a classmate. But, she surprised me by saying, "Daddy is my best friend." So I asked her who her second closest friend was. She was silent. So I said "Who is your favorite person after daddy?" She then quietly said "You mommy". Then she paused for a minute. I think she was thinking she might of hurt my feelings. Then she said "But, I still love you mommy". She is so incredibly sweet. I couldn't resist giving her a big hug and lots of kisses. She is such a kind hearted little thing.

I suppose my kids have already realized that dad is cool and mom is lame. I knew this day would come. I don't mind coming in second place to Captain Awesome. I happen to think he is pretty great too:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. So leave me a comment:)