Friday, July 23, 2010

The lottery is a tax on people who are bad at math

Rick knows I love a good documentary now and then. We currently have HBO so he taped Lucky for me. It's a documentary exploring life of lottery winners.

My mom always says that "The lottery is a tax on people who are bad at math." Then she reminds me that I had to take Statistics three times in college;D I have many flaws but excessive gambling isn't one of them. But, I still take this advice to heart.

You are far more likely to get struck by lightening than to win the lottery. However, I think either would probably kill me. Lightening would kill me for obvious reasons. But, if I won the lottery I'd probably die of a heart attack from the sheer shock of it. So every time I play Power ball I am risking my life! Don't worry though....I think the odds indicate that I will be ok:D

Anyway, I really like this documentary:) One of the comments that struck me the most was that character flaws are magnified when you win a huge jackpot. I of course loved the couple from Nebraska that won. It seemed to me that their loving character was made more obvious. I think that they are truly good souls:) I smiled everytime there was a clip of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. So leave me a comment:)