Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Reading, 'Riting and Rooster

Today Captain Awesome and I were discussing the activities we might do today. All the kids were in the room so we started spelling. I said "Well I thought we were going to go B-O-W-L-I-N-G then go to the M-O-V-I-E." I don't think Rooster knows what we were spelling but she made me think twice when she said "Then we can go to the P-O-O-L"

I finally made flashcards for all 220 Dolch sight words. I wanted to get an idea of how many Rooster knew. So went through them today. I was really surprised that she knew 130. There were quite a few she didn't get credit for since she had to have help. I found it interesting that she thinks every word that starts with an F is friend:)

Rooster is still struggling through her Level One readers. She skips a few words here and there that she knows. She rushes to get to the words she doesn't know. I keep telling her its not a race and that she has to say every word. I remember I struggled with the same thing. Although she is far ahead of where I was at her age. I know lots of her friends are already moving onto the Level Two's so we will happily take any books you no longer want:D

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. So leave me a comment:)