Sunday, August 15, 2010

Assumption of Mary

Today the Catholic Church celebrates the Assumption of Mary into Heaven. During Father F's homily he was discussing how people get confused with Assumption and Ascension. There is a difference and it can be noted in ASL. I found this nice ASL online dictionary where you can see the sign for Ascension and the Assumption of Mary.

But, my favorite description of the Assumption of Mary comes from Lacy at Catholic Icing. "FYI- Jesus Ascended into heaven. Mary was Assumed into heaven. Hence the "Ascension of Jesus" and the "Assumption of Mary". Guess Jesus could do it on his own, and Mary was abducted alien style. Ok, only kidding about the 'alien abduction' part."That's just hilarious:D Anyway, I got Assumption coloring pages from a link on Catholic Icing. GH did this coloring page. Don't be disappointed if your two year old doesn't color this well. He truly has a gift from God:D

1 comment:

  1. Lol! I'm heading over to check out the asl thing you mentioned on facebook! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. So leave me a comment:)