Sunday, August 29, 2010

The reasons why I truly appreciate my husbands friends

Captain Awesome is a bit of a sports junkie. Many might think that he loves his sports because its an escape from me. But, he loved sports long before he ever loved me:D And lets be honest, I'm delightful. Who would want to escape me and my nagging?:D


I appreciate the fact that he can call up his friends and talk sports for an hour. This saves an hour of my time that he would have been talking to me about sports. I love my husband but he can go on and on about sports. And I really don't have a clue what he's talking about. So it's not like I can really engage in a conversation that he would find rewarding.

And it's not just about my lack of knowledge when it comes to sports. I truly don't have the passion other people have. I can go to a game and cheer. But, I just don't get all the hype. What I mean is that its the players team....not mine. I don't have the sense of ownership real fans have. So I can be disappointed but it doesn't really ruin my week. Unless it ruins Captain Awesomes week...then I kind of care because I have to deal with the attitude:D

In the last season of the Callahan era Captain Awesome ended up breaking two remotes. The first remote he busted against the wall after a series of bad plays (yeah, I'm sure that narrows it down for ya:D) And the second one he snapped in half because of another bad play in a different game.

Now, I may not understand this passion but Captain Awesomes friends do. Luckily, they will  all be down for a card party for the season opening Western Kentucky game. I plan to make them a buffet of treats. Then I'm taking the kids to Boingz. I will let Captain Awesome and his awesome friends have the house. I'm just grateful I don't have to be anywhere near this spectacle:D

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the not having the passion about sports thing. BTW Boingz is closed! Jeremy and I were going to take the kids there so we went to the website to look up the hours again and there was a note that said they were closing! :( Lost in Fun is good though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH no! Well thanks for letting me know. Ill have to go find that Lost in Fun place I heard its fun too.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. So leave me a comment:)